NaNoWriMo vs ShoStoWriMo

Discussion related to the topic NaNoWriMo vs ShoStoWriMo

Forum : All About Writing : NaNoWriMo vs ShoStoWriMo

Douglas
Posted at: Aug 8, 2008 at 4:32 AM 
We're getting close to the end of summer. Our "Alphabet Soup" writing prompts will end about the time school starts up and we'll move on to some other writing prompts. (We'll go exactly halfway through the alphabet - the rest of the alphabet will be next summer's writing prompts)

I'd like to have you thinking ahead a bit, to the month of November. November is NaNoWriMo. National Novel Writing Month. During this month many fledgling writers commit to writing an entire novel during the month. It may not be polished, it may need tons of editing, but they commit to getting it down on paper (or computer) during that month.

Now, I know, that's a HUGE time commitment, and most of us here are not at that level of commitment, so I would like, for this website, to think of November as ShoStoWriMo (Short Story Writing Month).

The writing prompts for November (four weeks) will be to write one chapter per week in a short story.

So start thinking ahead - do you have a short story idea you want to tackle? Before we get to November, you might want to be mentally planning out your story, your characters, etc., so you'll be ready for November when it arrives!

Josiah T.
Posted at: Aug 8, 2008 at 5:19 AM 
Awesome! :D

Isaac
Posted at: Sep 18, 2008 at 4:17 PM 
Oooh...I've always wanted to do this. Thanks for providing an opportunity Doug!

Douglas
Posted at: Sep 19, 2008 at 3:22 PM 
You're welcome! I hope this turns out to be a very interesting and educational experiment!

Laura
Posted at: Oct 29, 2008 at 5:16 PM 
Haha, that's a great idea!

Hopefully you won't be too offended if I don't have time to do it this year ;-)

Mathax
Posted at: Nov 6, 2008 at 4:34 PM 
I have an idea but I haven't had time to finish it yet.
I think I'll work on it this evening.
Forum : All About Writing : NaNoWriMo vs ShoStoWriMo

News!    Writing Prompt    My Assignment    FAQ    Contact    Privacy Policy    Search     Terms of Use     Login