Summer Writing

Discussion related to the topic Summer Writing

Forum : All About Writing : Summer Writing

Douglas
Posted at: May 13, 2008 at 3:29 AM 
As we get closer to summer, and people are spending more and more time outdoors enjoying freedom after the winter, we're getting far less writing on here. That doesn't really surprise me all that much. I know that the same is happening for me, and will be even more so once we get to July and August.

So I'm trying to decide what to do about Writing Prompts during the next three months.

* Don't bother doing writing prompts for the summer
* Do a monthly writing prompt
* Do a very basic & easy writing prompt each week

For "basic & easy," I was thinking of doing "Alphabet Soup" writing prompts. Each week would look like this:

Writing Prompt: Alphabet Soup - A
Think of an object that begins with the letter A. Now write a paragraph, a poem, or a short story about that object.

Then, obviously, that would be followed by "Alphabet Soup -B", "Alphabet Soup -C", and so forth.

The big question is: if I set up writing prompts for the summer months...how many people will do them?

Josiah T.
Posted at: May 13, 2008 at 4:18 AM 
Good question. I can't guarantee that I would, but I hardly do the writing prompts now. I am hoping, however, that I'll be able to do a bit more writing over the summer, since I'm only taking one class instead of three or four.

Katie
Posted at: May 13, 2008 at 4:53 AM 
Well, I can't say that I would do the writing prompts, but I'm kind of in the same boat as Josiah. I'm hoping to be able to write more over the summer, since my classes will be over.

Mathax
Posted at: May 13, 2008 at 9:21 AM 
That would be much easier for me then the currant writing prompts.

Douglas
Posted at: May 15, 2008 at 6:03 AM 
I was thinking about this some more, and thought: It would be fun if we could have an 'Alphabet Soup' chapter in next year's anthology.

Of course, that would be dependent on a bunch of people doing the writing prompt each week, so we would have at least one really excellent submission for each letter of the alphabet.

Anyone else have any thoughts or comments on whether they would do writing prompts this summer?
Forum : All About Writing : Summer Writing

News!    Writing Prompt    My Assignment    FAQ    Contact    Privacy Policy    Search     Terms of Use     Login