Doing Some Updates

Discussion related to the topic Doing Some Updates

Forum : General Discussion : Doing Some Updates

Douglas
Posted at: Apr 28, 2008 at 8:56 AM 
Things seem fairly quiet on the site today (not sure why - first day back to school after vacation, I suppose?) so I'm going to post a few updates here and there. Be on the lookout for things that don't work properly, either when you're logged in or when you're NOT logged in.

If something doesn't work right, wait a few minutes and try again. If the problem persists, post a message in the forum about it, or send me an email!

Thanks,
Doug

Josiah T.
Posted at: Apr 28, 2008 at 11:54 AM 
I notice the logout button is back up top. :-)

Josiah T.
Posted at: Apr 28, 2008 at 12:12 PM 
Ah, yes, in reference to that....

Maybe I work differently then other people, but I just clicked on the logout button while trying to get to the forum and then had to log back in. Maybe there should be a logout confirmation window or something? Or maybe I should just get used to it? I dunno... :-P

Douglas
Posted at: Apr 28, 2008 at 12:27 PM 
You'll get used to it. :)

Josiah T.
Posted at: Apr 28, 2008 at 12:48 PM 
I'd better. Just did it again. :-|

Sylvan Sylph
Posted at: Apr 28, 2008 at 1:29 PM 
I did it too. I've just been automatically clicking on the last tab to get to the forum. I didn't realize it said Logout until it was too late. :)

Josiah T.
Posted at: Apr 28, 2008 at 1:32 PM 
Haha!!! I'm not the only one!! That makes me feel a little better. ;-)

Mathax
Posted at: Apr 28, 2008 at 5:12 PM 
I'd better. Just did it again. :-|

Me too.

Lynnde
Posted at: Apr 28, 2008 at 6:20 PM 
I almost did it, too, but happened to read it just before I clicked it.

Katie
Posted at: Apr 29, 2008 at 9:23 AM 
I almost did it, too, but happened to read it just before I clicked it.
Yeah, me too :-)

Josiah T.
Posted at: May 5, 2008 at 5:17 AM 
The "My Neighbors" feature on the sidebar doesn't appear to be working right now.

Douglas
Posted at: May 5, 2008 at 5:19 AM 
It would be helpful if you could explain what you mean by that. :P

Josiah T.
Posted at: May 5, 2008 at 6:30 AM 
Sara Taylor sent me a piece that she wrote today over IM, and I noticed that it wasn't showing up in the sidebar, so I opened My Page in a new tab, and it wasn't there, but it was in the My Neighbors tab. So thats what I mean. I think. I dunno if that'd be related to anything that you've been doing today, because when you wrote that sonnet earlier today, it showed up in the sidebar. So I dunno.
~Edited by Josiah T., May 5, 2008 at 6:33 AM

Douglas
Posted at: May 5, 2008 at 6:34 AM 
The information in the sidebar can run up to 15 minutes behind the actual neighbor page. So, it actually was working right. If you had come back in a few minutes, that piece would have showed up on the sidebar.

Douglas
Posted at: May 5, 2008 at 6:36 AM 
Maybe I'll make it so the "Neighbor" page has a time lag as well, that way they'll be consistent with each other...

Josiah T.
Posted at: May 5, 2008 at 7:13 AM 
Ah, ok. I didn't know that. :-)
Forum : General Discussion : Doing Some Updates

News!    Writing Prompt    My Assignment    FAQ    Contact    Privacy Policy    Search     Terms of Use     Login