2008 Movies

Discussion related to the topic 2008 Movies

Forum : General Discussion : 2008 Movies

Douglas
Posted at: Jun 14, 2008 at 2:53 PM 
So, what movies have you seen recently? Good? Bad? Ugly?

What do you look forward to seeing?

So far this year, I think IronMan was my favorite movie (which surprised me - I didn't know anything about the comic book character and went into the movie praying that - if nothing else - it would at least be better than Transformers). It far exceeded my expectations.

Indiana Jones I had mixed feelings about. I ranked the new movie below Raiders and Last Crusade, but higher than Temple of Doom.

And today I took my nephew Daniel to see "Kung Fu Panda," which was just plain silly, but we both had fun. :)

Josiah T.
Posted at: Jun 14, 2008 at 7:16 PM 
Saw Prince Caspian twice, which was awesome, and just saw Indiana Jones which was pretty good. Wall-e looks like it might be funny...

Mathax
Posted at: Jun 14, 2008 at 7:23 PM 
Same as JT. Tho the movie that I am really looking forward to is the 11 star trek movie.

Douglas
Posted at: Jun 15, 2008 at 4:15 AM 
I've told Daniel I'll take him to Wall-E - I expect that one to be quite good. I'm also looking forward to the new batman movie, though it'll be sad to see Heath Ledger in his final role. :-/

Josiah T.
Posted at: Jun 15, 2008 at 5:35 AM 
Heh. Saw the trailer for that yesterday, but I haven't seen any other batman movies...

Douglas
Posted at: Jun 15, 2008 at 1:48 PM 
You can easily ignore all the Batman movies from the 80s (or 90s?) - they did a reboot of the Batman story starting with "Batman Begins" (the one with Christian Bale and Liam Neeson). If you were thinking about going to see the new one, I would try to watch "Batman Begins" first, but it probably wouldn't make too much difference either way.

I've heard that this one is going to be a very dark movie.

Josiah T.
Posted at: Jun 15, 2008 at 7:22 PM 
Well, I doubt my parents would let me see any of them anyway, so...

Hannah
Posted at: Jul 5, 2008 at 9:52 AM 
I'm also excited to see the Dark Knight, though I'm going to have to swindle my mom a bit before she'll let me. :P Iron Man was INCREDIBLE, so was Hulk and Prince Caspian.

No matter what they say, Hancock was a TERRIBLE movie. We almost walked out of the theater. It wasn't at all like they make it look on the trailer!

I didn't like Crystal Skull at all either. It was like they made the first half of the movie and then lost the last half of the script so they had to write a different one over again! It was so weird how halfway through the movie, the whole storyline changed.

Anyways, my sister liked Hulk so much that we went to see it again. It's surprising funny.

Hannah
Posted at: Jul 5, 2008 at 9:53 AM 
None of the older batman's are worth the hour and fourty-five minutes. Although the one with Val-Kilmer is half-decent...:P

Douglas
Posted at: Jul 9, 2008 at 3:07 AM 
I'm taking my nephew Daniel to see Wall-E this afternoon. I've pretty much heard nothing but good reviews of this movie.

Josiah T.
Posted at: Jul 9, 2008 at 5:07 PM 
How was it?

Douglas
Posted at: Jul 9, 2008 at 5:34 PM 
I enjoyed it, thought it was a good story, but I'm not sure how much of it Daniel understood, as there was very little dialogue and you had to be paying close attention to follow some of the things that were happening.

Douglas
Posted at: Jul 20, 2008 at 4:55 AM 
The Dark Knight - I went to see it with my brother yesterday. It was a long movie (over 2 hours, I think), but I never once thought "I wish this would hurry up and get over."

It was quite a dark movie, and very intense. And Heath Ledger's role was very creepy, which means he did a good job, since that's exactly what his character was supposed to be.

Of the original Batman movies, the first was the only one I really enjoyed, and I really liked Jack Nicholson's portrayal of Joker, so I didn't know how Ledger's portrayal would compare. It was very well done.

Two Face was very nasty looking - much more so than Tommy Lee Jones in the earlier movie with Two Face.

And as dark as this movie was, they've left the door open for the next one to be even more so...

Josiah T.
Posted at: Jul 20, 2008 at 5:25 AM 
Was it anything my parents would watch?

Douglas
Posted at: Jul 20, 2008 at 5:45 AM 
I doubt your mom would like it. I don't know about your dad.

Hannah
Posted at: Dec 29, 2008 at 2:05 PM 
I just watched Ghost Town, Eagle Eye and the House Bunny with my family over the weekend. (Also Bandits, but that's an old movie. It's really good, though! One of my favorite movies. Billy Bob Thornton is hilarious!)

Ghost Town was hilarious! I loved it. The storyline was even good, which is unique for this kind of movie. :D

Eagle Eye was awesome (as you can expect any Shia Lebeouf movie to be :P.) The twist was a little weird but it was altogether really good and I LOVED the ending. Shia's face when he...well, I can't say. But it's awesome! :D

House Bunny was....good. Really funny and not as bad as you would think it would be. Anna Farris is HILARIOUS, like always. It is definitely worth watching.

Josiah T.
Posted at: Dec 29, 2008 at 8:57 PM 
Mathax made me watch Clone Wars the other night. It was awful. Like, really really really awful.

Douglas
Posted at: Dec 30, 2008 at 6:06 AM 
I just watched Ghost Town, Eagle Eye and the House Bunny with my family over the weekend. (Also Bandits, but that's an old movie. It's really good, though! One of my favorite movies. Billy Bob Thornton is hilarious!)

Ghost Town - I was skeptical of the premise, but I really enjoyed the movie.

Eagle Eye - I was less skeptical, but ended up not enjoying it nearly as much. There were too many silly plot holes for my taste.

Bandits - I remember going to see that in theaters with a friend of mine. I saw the "surprise" coming a mile away, so when it came to the big reveal, instead of watching the movie I was watching Jason to catch the surprise on his face. That was as funny as anything in the movie. :) But yeah, that was a really fun movie.

Mathax
Posted at: Feb 27, 2009 at 8:26 PM 
I strongly recommend that whoever has not seen "Fireproof" should.
~Edited by Mathax, Feb 27, 2009 at 8:27 PM
Forum : General Discussion : 2008 Movies

News!    Writing Prompt    My Assignment    FAQ    Contact    Privacy Policy    Search     Terms of Use     Login