Your Personal Traffic Rank

Discussion related to the topic Your Personal Traffic Rank

Forum : General Discussion : Your Personal Traffic Rank

Posted at: Jun 6, 2008 at 11:51 AM 
This is kind of interesting. If you've set up a web directory for your writing (located under My Page / Options / My Folder), aside from the benefits of having an easier-to-remember address for your writing, and increasing the traffic to your pages (search engines prefer permalinks), there's another interesting benefit.

If you've got the Alexa toolbar (available at you can actually get your personal page ranking - compared to all the other "personal pages" out there.

For example, my page has a ranking of 1.8 million. This means that, of all the "personal" web pages anywhere on the internet, 1.8 million of them get more traffic than mine.

If Alexa hasn't yet calculated a ranking for your personal page, it will show the site's overall ranking, which is currently about 935,000.

So, if you're curious to see how you rank, be sure to set up a permanent folder for your writing, and then install the Alexa toolbar to see what it says about your pages! :)

Josiah T.
Posted at: Jun 7, 2008 at 4:10 AM 
Hmm... I'm not sure I want to install the alexa toolbar... I've seen it picked up as spyware before :-/
~Edited by Josiah T., Jun 7, 2008 at 4:15 AM

Posted at: Jun 7, 2008 at 3:19 PM 
Read the terms and conditions at alexa to find out exactly how they use the information that they "spy".
Forum : General Discussion : Your Personal Traffic Rank

News!    Writing Prompt    My Assignment    FAQ    Contact    Privacy Policy    Search     Terms of Use     Login